Surge Arresters


This is what pays for my new home - Siemens Surge Arresters! My husband sells and markets these babies to different utilities across the country. This is a 50kv model and it protects big substation equipment (transformers especially) from being damaged by surges from lightning or other sources.

This arrestor has been sitting around in stock for awhile and my husband decided to dust it off and get it all engineered up for an upcoming tradeshow. He thought it would be a quick half hour job, but it ended up taking him all day. If you're interested in buying one, let me know!

5 comments:

Southern Heart said...

Very interesting...I don't think I've ever seen one. I hope that the market is good and steady for them, too! :)

Emig Family said...

Could I hook one to the front porch lights at my house? It seems they're always getting blown.

brian stout said...

i wouldn't know what to do with one of those if i had one, it kind of looks like a floor lamp. =)

Halcyon said...

A GIANT floor lamp! :)

This is a very big one. If you look closely at your power lines, you'll probably see some small ones. They look like the grey part, except only about a foot long.

Unknown said...

It would look great in my back yard with some bird feeders and plants!!!! :-p How much does one cost... $10-20k?