Nacktschnecke


Slugs have a very fitting name in German - naked snails! Although I do like snails, I'm not so fond of their slimy, naked cousins. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to save one. But you have to admit, the name in German is quite clever and descriptive..

This little guy was in the same area as the snails. Makes me wonder if he lost his "clothes" somewhere along the way.

PS: The line "Zuzu's petals!" does come from A Wonderful Life. But don't feel bad if you didn't know it - I didn't either before I did the murder mystery.

5 comments:

Z said...

Hehe, naked snails! I guess the snails come first then. There are a few words in German that totally fascinate me. Glühbirne is my favorite. Anyway, I finally got my lazy ass over to leo and found an another name for them:
die Wegschnecke.

P.S. Hope you don't mind my pointing out that you've dropped the 'c' in Schnecke.

Halcyon said...

Thanks! I will remedy that right away. :)

Steve Buser said...

You don't see the shell? Is this an 'the emperor has no clothes thing?"

brian stout said...

as a kid we used to pour salt on slugs! i like snails, but these are nasty...

stromsjo said...

I'd go for Steve's interpretation. Given the right state of mind, those clothes are there... ;)