Expansion


This construction site is just next to the apartments where I live. Apparently, they're adding (even!) more retail space to the area. I don't know why, because there is so much empty retail space already. But, if there's a buck to be made, someone's going to be chasing after it, even if it's not sustainable.

When they were clearing this site, I heard backhoes and earth movers beeping all day long. It really took me back to the days of Bussy St Georges. There was a big apartment building going up across the street from me. It was always noisy in the mornings (it kept me from oversleeping) and there were perpetual clouds of dust. At least the housing in Bussy was needed though.

I am going to post a photo of this worksite once a week, in order to track its progress. Feel free to place your bets on how long it will take. My vote is for three months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you can practice your bunker shots in there!!
TdB