Inside Lemuria Books


Here is a small peek inside Lemuria Books. The small outcrop I visited this weekend actually hosts rare editions and first runs. Most of them are signed and some are even pre-print versions for proofreading purposes.

The walls are lined with bookshelves and there is a small stage where they sometimes have live music or poetry readings. So, if you know anyone out there looking for a rare book, take a look at lemuria.com.

I am going to be out of town for about 10 days. My husband and I are heading to Berlin for some quality time with the MiL and our friends. I've scheduled some posts for while I'm gone since I'm not sure if I'll have reliable access to the Internet while I'm across the pond. Hope you will enjoy!

8 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime beaucoup la peinture sur le devant de la bibliothèque (impressionnante)

I love painting on the front of the library (impressive)

Janet said...

Have a good trip!

USelaine said...

I love bookstores, and even worked in a nice independent for a couple of years. The image is superb. Have a great trip. 8^)

Olivier said...

"Aren't you interested in Spain vs. Russia?"
Tu regardes les matchs de l'Euro 2008 ? ils passent à la télévision américaine ? L'Espagne a fait un superbe match contre la Russie 4-1.

You look at the matches of Euro 2008? they spend on American television? Spain has done a superb match against Russia 4-1.

Olivier said...

J'ai oublié bon voyage, tu pourras regarder les matchs de l'Allemagne qui est la grande favorite.
I forgot good voyage, you can watch the matches Germany, which is the big favorite

brian stout said...

nice photo, i've loved bookstores ever since i was a kid. my mother and grandmother are both avid readers and we'd spend saturday afternoons either in a bookstore or a library =) have a wonderful trip and take lots of photos!!

Tricia said...

i agree, nice photo... and Berlin? Wow! Be careful and I hope you have a great trip!

PAT said...

I certainly would like to visit Lemuria Books.

Enjoy your time in Germany!

Pat