Back to the daily grind...


I'm back at my normal place of work today. While in Germany I worked from a different office so I wouldn't have to take a week's vacation. My company has a huge campus over there with scads of offices and different manufacturing areas.

This was not really the building I worked in, but it looked so nice in the evening sun. The working conditions in Germany are also far superior to what I have here in the US. Over there everyone sits in a big open space with plenty of natural light from the windows. Over here I am stuck in an interior cublicle and subjected to 8 hours of flourescent lighting.

Ah well... it's nice to be home!

6 comments:

Olivier said...

tient j'ai travaille pour Siemens en France, je les avais comme client dans ma premiere entreprise. Belle lumiere qui tombe sur le batiment

stromsjo said...

Home is always home. But natural light is important.

Lowell said...

Welcome home! The light is very nice in this photo. Maybe that's a sign of more light in your cubicle?

Virginia said...

HA, Dusty Lens calls them "cube farms" I think! Glad you got to take a hoiday in Germany and not have to use those valuable vacation days. The light on this building today is beautiful.
V

Z said...

Oh yes, I'm really digging the natural light situation in Switzerland. And ventilation. I've gotten so used to having fresh air, when we were in a hotel in the Midwest last year I started to get really antsy at the end of our stay at not being able to open the windows.

Kate said...

Interesting comments re. the different work environments. Light is so critical to positive feelings, isn't it? And the light on this post is terrific!