Bucket Trucks


I caught three bucket trucks heading down south on I-55 (perhaps to the Mississippi coast, perhaps to NO) yesterday. Right after Gustav, I saw caravans of them almost every morning. I guess with the damage from Ike, they're back in force.


The man in the first truck waved at me as we passed. I think he liked being photographed - or he thought I was a weirdo!


Thanks go out to all the bucket truck operators who spend time away from friends and family to get the electric lines back up and running.

6 comments:

Virginia said...

If you have ever lost power, you know that you are willing to kiss the passengers of a bucket truck on the lips if they will hang around your neighborhood. Why we lose power at the drop of a hat in Birmingham is a mystery to all of us here. We do and I can tell you I have been known to drive around hunting these guys. God bless the power company guys!!!!

crittoria said...

Well said, Virginia! "God bless the power company guys!!" I'll second that!!

stromsjo said...

Yes, do bring those lines back up. And I just learned a new expression: bucket truck!

brian stout said...

i've seen a caravan of these in dallas also! i didn't have my camera on me at the time though =)

Sally said...

I guess someone's business has to prosper from adversity....I know a tree surgeon who was kept in work for years after devastating bushfires around Canberra.
Sydney Daily Photo

Bucket Trucks said...

i80equipment is an online New & used bucket trucks store. Offers a wide variety of Digger Derrick Trucks trucks, Boom Trucks & Crane Trucks.