Old House Depot


My husband learned about this place at a recent home improvement tradeshow. They salvage pieces like old floor boards, doors, and light fixtures from old houses and buildings.

My husband bought a piece of pine from them at the show. It appears to once have been part of a beam in an old house. I was sort of skeptical about it at first, but once I saw it, I understood why he snatched it up. I'll post a picture of the stump in our house tomorrow.

Last weekend we went to the actual store in downtown Jackson. There were some interesting things there, but it's the kind of place where they either have something you absolutely love or nothing at all. I'm sure we'll be back though. One of our next projects is to install gas lamps to the facade. Maybe we'll find some antique ones somewhere.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Sounds like a fun place to wander through. No telling what you might find!

Unknown said...

After another year in business, it's bigger and better than ever.