Bird House


In an effort to attract feathered friends to my yard, I purchased a birdhouse. My husband installed it for me and I'm just waiting for some little birdies to move in. I know it may be a little late in the season as most birds have probably nested by now, but I am still hopeful!

I have also took some bird-attracting tips from the almighty bird blogger Abe, but so far they have not been too successful. I smeared some peanut butter on the trees - it was eaten by the squirrels. I put out a suet cake - a raccoon broke the structure and ran off with the cake. Grrr...

My last resort was to plant flowers that, according to their labels, attract birds and butterflies. So far, none of them have come up yet. But I'm excited to see if the claims are true and also to see the beautiful buds.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be working in my garden, if it doesn't rain too much.

3 comments:

 gmirage said...

This is pretty neat, I'm sure you'd be posting lovely bird photos soon...I'd love to see.

Dan said...

I am sure the birdies are on the way. My daughter did a science experiment last year where she compared the bird attracting abilities of several types of seed and seed mix. Far and away the most popular take-out for feathered diners was black oil sunflower seeds. We just simply put these in a home made birdfeeder. As a result we had a long line of avarian customers lined up at the take-out window.

stromsjo said...

I wouldn't know much about birds but from what I've been told your patience will be rewarded in due time. Good luck!