Amtrak


We recently had some visitors from Germany who came to play the annual "Gentleman's Cup" with my husband. We all drove down to New Orleans together on Sunday morning and spent an evening enjoying Bourbon Street and all it has to offer.

The gentlemen went on to Alabama to play the Robert Trent Jones golf trail and I came back to Jackson on the train. It was quite fun. Although the speed of Amtrak is in no way comparable with the TGV trains in France, the seats are quite roomy and comfortable. And a one-way ticket only cost $22 - a real bargain considering the price of gas these days!

3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I would love to ride the train, but it doesnt go anywhere straight from Dallas. To go to Houston you have to go to San Antonio then Houston.

Halcyon said...

You can go to Oklahoma City!!! :)

PAT said...

Two years ago, I spent a weekend in Chicago with my 3 daughters and 2 granddaughters. My oldest granddaughter and her mom rode the train with me. Their first train ride. The other girls and tiny granddaughter flew. We didn't think our baby girl would enjoy the 6 hour train ride. The flight is only 45 minutes from STL. Anyway, I enjoyed the ride and we were lucky to have two bench seats facing, which helped! We left STL at around 4:30 AM, arriving at Chicago 6 hours later. It was fun! The entire weekend is a happy memory! We also came back to STL via Amtrak.

Thanks so much for your kind comment on my pitcher of posies. That was a quick fun shot. I didn't even try to arrange the flowers! I enjoyed editing the photo, too.

Pat