Mockingbird


I saw this young mockingbird one morning in one of the bushes at the entrance of my house. I couldn't tell if he was alive or not since he didn't move at all. That evening, I came home and he was gone. I figured he either got eaten by a neighborhood cat or was able to fly back up to his nest.

A few days later I was working in the garden and I saw him hoping across the grass. It seems he's not a very good flier and he only managed to hide in one of my bushes again. He spent the afternoon calling to the other mockingbirds to come help him. I guess they finally did because later that evening he was gone. I haven't seen him since, but his flying skills (or lack thereof) lead me to believe he won't be long for this world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He might suprise you... life is full of such suprises.