At the PO


Tonight my show with Mississippi Murder Mysteries opened at Basil's restaurant. Basil's is right next door to McDade's Market.

As someone mentioned, Basil's is on the site of the old Jackson Post Office. Eudora Welty previously used this very window to send in her manuscripts to her publishers. Pretty neat. I'll show you more of Basil's later this week.

PS: The show went really well. I got a lot of compliments on my acting which is encouraging because dinner theater shows are always a little silly on paper. I'm glad it went over well with the audience.

2 comments:

Dan Allen said...

Congratulations on the success of the play and your performance! congratulations, as well, on the anniversary of your blog.

Eudora Welty is one of my favorite American short story writers. How neat for you to be so close to literary history.

Z said...

Wow! Siemens drone, golfer, actress! Pretty good! :-)

Interesting to see the post office window that Welty used. Eudora - mail - post office window.