Comedy Show


This past weekend, I went with my husband and some friends to the Southeastern Comedy Festival. Comedy troupes from across the southeast (Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida...) descended upon Jackson for this year's festival. It was held at Hal and Mal's - a popular downtown eatery.



This was the first time the festival was hosted by Jackson. There was a mix of improv, sketches, stand-up and all kinds of audience participation games. It was quite fun, although the whole thing lasted around 4.5 hours. I would suggest they break the festival up into two nights. There's only so much laughing you can do!

This particular group was from Ole Miss in Oxford, MS. They did a sketch on how to pick up women in bars. I'm sure the subject is much-covered by comedians, but their take on it was quite funny. We all had some good laughs and I may just go check out some of the local acts the next time they're performing too!

4 comments:

crittoria said...

I wish that I could have been there! I love listening to comedians!! 4 1/2 hours does sound like a bit much though...

brian stout said...

it does sound like fun... and too long a period time at once =)

Steve Buser said...

Hey Halcyon. My son is staying with us. An evacuee from the ravages that Ike reigned down on Beaumont, TX. He remarked that he was shocked at the long line of bucket trucks flowing past them and into Texas.

Virginia said...

I wish I could have been there too. I love that sort of thing. EVer heard James Gregory, "the funniest man alive'? Well he pretty much is. Good old southern humor.