Gardens


I don't know what the name of these gardens is, but they were somewhere in Wuxi. The driver from the factory was instructed to take us here, but he didn't speak any English. The signage was mainly in Chinese - the only English near the entrance stated "Natural Site of Beauty" or something like that.


It was a lovely place to spend an afternoon. We didn't have enough time to explore the entire garden, but we saw plenty of beautiful things. There were rock gardens, water gardens and, of course, flower gardens. Each was surrounded by pavilions dedicated to Chinese arts - music, calligraphy...



Thanks to D at Tuscaloosa Daily Photo for tagging me!

The rules of this Meme are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


Six Random Things About Me:
I speak French fluently and am pretty good at German.
I've been to almost every continent - my next conquest is Australia.
I have a 29 handicap at golf, but I'm working on getting it into the teens.
My favorite color is red.
I am a Kansas Jawhawks fan through and through.
I drive a blue diesel Volkswagon New Beetle.


Tagged blogs:
Crittoria in West Paris
Brian in Terrell
Chris in Nashville
Hilda in Manila
Sally in Sydney
Per in Stockholm

6 comments:

Olivier said...

superbe, j'aime me balader et me reposer dans les jardins japonais. la statue est très belle.

Chris said...

Thank you for the tag. I'll dd it to my blog tomorrow. :-)

I hope you enjoyed China. We're on the way out of town ourselves this week.

Laurie Allee said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous shot. I'd love to explore China!

stromsjo said...

Thanks, Halcyon! I'm not much for tagging but I do appreciate the gesture.

Quite impressive that you've been to most continents. I'm far behind in that respect and since I'm not much for flying (for all sorts of reasons) I suppose this won't be changing a lot. Then again, who knows...

Take care.

Hilda said...

Well it's a 'site of beauty' alright — both natural and man-made!

I love Asian English, lol! And that includes Filipino English, heehee.

Ooh, you have a New Beetle? Cool! Don't forget to come to the Philippines!!! Okay, finish Australia first. How about Antarctica?

Eek at the tag! I'm going to have to be very careful about this one — I might reveal something that's not GP ;D

brian stout said...

i LOVE the china photos so far, and thanks so much for the tag! I'll follow up over the holiday!